You can download a pdf version of my resume here.
Mission-driven, detail-oriented journalism and music double major looking to serve the community, tell important stories, and improve the lives of others.
Drake University; Des Moines, IA
B.A. Journalism and Mass Communication; double major Magazine Media, Music; Class of 2021
- GPA: 3.95, Dean’s List: Fall 2017, Spring 2018, Fall 2018
- Relevant Coursework: Digital Media Strategies, Web Page Design
Cowles Library; Des Moines, IA
Archives Assistant, February 2018 – present
- Transcribe and edit oral history audio, according to the Chicago Manual of Style
- Facilitate public access to Drake University records through preservation and collection
National Czech and Slovak Museum and Library; Cedar Rapids, IA
Marketing and Digital Content Intern, Summer 2018
- Promoted museum programs and attracted new audiences through social media and video projects
- Wrote stories about museum outreach, community members, and upcoming programs for biannual publication (MOST) and NCSML blog
- Wrote press releases about upcoming events and exhibitions
- Documented museum programs and fundraising and community outreach events through photographs
Will County Clerk’s Office; Plainfield, IL
Student Election Judge, November 2016
- Checked in voters, handed out ballots and “I voted” stickers, etc.
Leadership and Service
Plainfield Public Library; Plainfield, IL
- Oversaw the summer reading program prize shop and assisted with seasonal youth library events
YMCA; Plainfield, IL
Summer Volunteer/ASL Instructor, Summer 2015
- Taught children at YMCA summer camp about sign language, Deaf culture, and how to sign
Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Photography, Dutch, American Sign Language, Clarinet
You can find samples of my writing here.